Without self-discipline the day becomes chaos. We live it in the way we thought adults spent their days when we were kids. We figured that they drove around whenever they wanted to and ate candy all the time because there was no one to tell them no. We thought grown-ups got to spend money on whatever they wanted.
As adults, we realize we can’t live that way. We need a certain measure of control in our lives to truly be happy. In reality, we need the self-discipline to maintain a calm lifestyle that affords us freedom from continual chaos.
Here’s why self-discipline is so important:
1. Self-discipline builds habits. Habits are how we form positive change in our lives. So, it follows that without self-discipline you’ll never be able to accomplish the change you need to become the person you are meant to be.
2. Self-Discipline is what takes items off the to-do list. When you have self-discipline, you’re more productive. You become someone who accomplishes what they set out to do. That’s pretty impressive.
3. Self-Discipline allows you the ability to home in on what’s important. With so many things vying for your attention in life, it’s good to have something that puts the focus back into your day. Sometimes it’s all you can do to figure out what to do next. That’s what makes self-discipline so nice. It takes out the guesswork and sets your feet firmly on the path to where you wanted to go in the first place.
4. Self-Discipline helps you to not only feel good about yourself, but you also find yourself working harder and better because of it. When you embrace self-discipline, you find you accomplish more, impacting your mental health in positive ways. You feel better about yourself. Also, that sense of accomplishment means you throw yourself back into your work because you want to experience that feeling all over again.
5. Self-discipline changes who you are for the better. Through self-discipline, you become a master at what you do. You discover the best version of yourself and then hone that further until you have far surpassed your wildest expectations. You grow and change and become in ways you never thought possible.
We’re not kids
anymore. Now that we’ve grown up, we’ve learned not only why self-discipline is
important, but how to embrace it and make it a daily part of your life. Seeing
all these benefits, how could you not want that? It’s time to realize that it’s
through self-discipline that we finally find true freedom.